could anything be cuter than a happy piece of bacon hanging on your christmas tree? possibly just some of mr. bacon's eggy friends tagging along! the felt bacon and egg ornaments are simple, quick, and easy enough for kids to make. or just print and color the template for a super simple decoration.
bacon and eggs template (click here to download)
burgundy, white, and yellow felt
white, yellow, and black embroidery floss
optional: Pellon® EZ-Steam™
1. cut out template pieces.
2. trace template pieces onto felt.
for no-sew ornaments:
3. apply EZ-Steam™ to wrong side of yolk piece. cut out yolk piece and adhere to egg white.
4. apply EZ-Steam™ to a piece of white felt slightly longer than your bacon piece.
5. cut white felt into two strips, adhere to bacon, and then cut out following traced line.
6. use sharpie to draw faces on bacon and eggs.
for embroidered ornaments:
3. cut out all felt pieces. also cut out two thin strips of white felt slightly longer than your bacon piece.
4. using white embroidery floss, stitch white strips to bacon.
5. using yellow embroidery floss, stitch yolk to egg white.
6. using black embroidery floss, stitch face onto bacon and eggs. use french knots for eyes and backstitch for mouth. (more about embroidery stitches here)
7. punch hole in top of ornament for hanger or use thread and needle to create thread loop for hanging.