more fun with felt... an adorable raccoon felt needle book!! this project is a quick sew and makes a great gift for the stitchy friends on your list.
felt (four colors)
coordinating embroidery floss
sewing machine and notions
raccoon pattern (download printable pdf here)
1. cut felt book pieces
outside cover: 4.5 x 8"
inside of cover: 4.25 x 7.75"
book pages: 4 x 7.5" (one or two pieces, as desired)
2. cut raccoon pattern pieces, transfer to felt, and cut out
3. attatch raccoon pattern pieces to outside cover, one layer at a time. with coordinating embroidery floss, stitch around edge of each piece with small stitches as shown.
4. center inside cover on wrong side of outside cover. pin together and machine stitch around all raw edges with a 1/4" seam allowance.
5. center book pages on inside cover and pin. mark center line on outside cover and stitch along marked line to attach pages to cover. optional: stitch more than one line or use decorative stitches.
6. place needles in book and get stitching.
if you make a felt needle book from this tutorial, please share pics in the imagine gnats flickr group. pattern and tutorial are for personal use only.
coming tomorrow... another felty way to use the raccoon pattern. yay felt! yay raccoons!